Due to company expansion, we are opening a new Regional Fulfilment Centre in Chadderton, including a Trade Counter - which requires a talented and highly motivated Trade Sales Manager that will align with the Company’s strong culture and values of Integrity, Loyalty and Ambition.
As a 'Trade Only’ supplier of plumbing and heating materials, with over 45 years trading experience, Williams & Co currently employs over 260 employees across 33 sites promoting our goals of 'Best Product, Best Price and Best Service’. We pride ourselves on being dedicated to our people and believe it is important to always demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour. Our people are trusted and we allow our managers to work autonomously with their teams, whilst supporting them when needed.
The Trade Counter will be part of the Regional Fulfilment Centre, working together to achieve success, but will have its own targets, budgets and responsibilities.
As the Trade Sales Manager of the new site located in Chadderton, you will get to have a hand in recruiting the team and be involved with the set up of the branch from the start. You will be working in partnership with the fulfilment centre, understanding that all departments will succeed together. You will excel at building strong relationships with your colleagues and actively motivate, train and develop the team to deliver truly exceptional service. You will be an effective communicator and excel at organising both yourself and others through the ability to plan, prioritise and delegate. You will lead and inspire your team to achieve the very highest levels of performance.
You will have a proven background in management and sales and should be able to exhibit your achievements in these areas. Experience in training would also be an advantage. You will be extremely flexible as the start up of the new branch and fulfilment centre will call for different shifts and rotas.
In return, you will receive a salary between £25k-£35k plus bonus along with private healthcare, Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance Scheme as standard with other benefits tailored to suit individual applicants.
Full driving licence required.
Please apply on our website, including your CV and a covering letter, detailing why you feel you are the person we need.
Applications close Wednesday 21st March and interviews will take place week commencing 26th March 2018.
The main purpose of this role is to run and manage a new Trade Counter within the Greater Manchester Fulfilment Centre. Provide excellent customer service and focus on driving sales forward.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leadership and guidance of the team on a day to day basis
- Managing the Trade Counter in order to provide a great service to local plumbers
- Transport management supplying goods covering Greater Manchester and the surrounding areas via our fleet of vehicles
- Drive sales and profitability forward
- Deliver outstanding customer service
- Control costs without compromising the customer experience
- Support branch budgeting and forecasting
- Manage Health and Safety within the Trade Counter department
- Input into budget management and P+L
- Stock audits/outcomes
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and competencies:
- Customer service / sales experience
- Transport management experience
- Prepared to cover core hours and operate shift patterns to suit business needs
- Good team player with excellent cross departmental communication skills
- Able to prioritise tasks, deliver to deadlines and manage conflicting demands
- Experience within the plumbing/heating industry is advantageous
- Constantly looking for ways to help and serve others
- Strong and consistent leadership skills
- Naturally focusing on the small things that others easily miss, ensuring accuracy
- Acting immediately and decisively, being keen to learn as you go
- Helping others believe in themselves and see what they are capable of achieving
- Motivating and inspiring others to make things happen
- Creating conditions for people to grow and develop for themselves
- Self-motivated, pushing hard to achieve goals
- Management Skills
- Trade Sales