An independent family run, Builders Merchant, based in King’s Lynn is looking for a Trade Sales Assistant. Within the business, this is an important role and one with potential future progressions into management. You would be serving customers who come in and who ring up, offering them guidance and helping to load products into their cars and vans.
Within this Trade Sales Assistant role, you update the computer system after each transaction and keep track of stock, re-ordering products when they run low. You would need to need to be physically able to load products by hand and would also use the forklift for heavier items.
Being confident with great communication skills is important when advising customers on the products, so a carpentry, construction or DIY background would be an advantage. The company are open to offering training to someone with transferable skills, or someone with previous experience.
As the Trade Sales Assistant your duties would include:
- Serving customers that come into the merchants.
- Taking orders over the phone from customers and other businesses.
- Loading products into cars and vans by hand and using the forklift.
- Giving advice and guidance regarding the products they need.
- Updating the computer system and keeping track of stock levels.
The ideal Trade Sales Assistant would have:
- Experience in carpentry, construction or DIY although training is given.
- Confident, friendly personality with excellent communication skills.
- Physically able to lift and carry heavy products.
- Good Maths, English and I.T skills.
- Valid forklift certificate (training can be offered)
Trade Sales Assistant
In return, you would receive a salary of between £20,000 and £25,000 (dependant on experience) which is paid on a monthly basis. Your working hours are Monday to Friday 7 am till 5 pm, and Saturdays 8 am till 12 midday. All PPE will be supplied for the role alongside company work wear. Forklift training will be paid for by the company if needed.