Imperial Tobacco is part of the FTSE30 company Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic international business specialising in tobacco and non-tobacco brands.
In the UK, Imperial Tobacco is the market leader in the sale and distribution of a wide portfolio of iconic brands such as Lambert & Butler, JPS, Player's and Golden Virginia.
An exciting opportunity to join a Bristol based FMCG organization and implement Trade marketing programs across the Key Account channel of distribution and identify areas of growth.
On a daily basis the Trade Marketing Executive - Key Accounts - is responsible for supporting the Trade Marketing Manager - Key Accounts - in continually developing and delivering the trade strategy. Knowledge of the retail Trade - particularly the top 4 Grocers, shoppers and consumers will help the postholder provide the insight required to understand the key gaps, strengths and weaknesses in performance and to guide key decisions relating to strategy and planning. The postholder will be responsible for a portfolio of customers and will deliver compelling analysis, presentations and recommendations which will be used by sales teams to drive the commercial agenda. This a key role within the business and you'll have to deal and communicate with a number of stakeholders across all levels - most importantly sales and brand teams and senior leaders
Developing Trade Marketing Strategy
- Including market, segment, account/customer analysis and evaluation. Understanding market conditions to assess opportunities for growth. This will include evaluating retailers, shoppers and consumers in order to identify key gaps, strengths and weaknesses in order to recommend key decisions relating to strategy and planning of trade segments.
Defining Trade Marketing Activities & Initiatives
- Developing businesses cases to support proposed trade marketing initiatives and define the feasibility of proposed initiatives. Setting out KPIs and budget requirements.
- Defining activities for the Sales Teams to support the strategy and initiatives.
- Reviewing strategy and initiatives to ensure planned results are being delivered.
- Identifying key learnings from the evaluation of initiative's including performance vs. KPIs and ROI.
Working with Stakeholders
- Working closely with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of aligned and clear plans for sales teams to execute.
- Creation of supporting documents and tools for sales team.
- Ability to have impactful and effective relationships with stakeholders
- Meeting customers and delivering impactful insight & analysis
Skills & experience
- Skills and Experience required:
- Trade Marketing or Sales experience ideally.
- Knowledge of Top 4 Grocers
- Analytical experience and the ability to interrogate data.
- MS Office tools experience including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.