Trade Finance is an integral part of the growth strategy for Santander Corporate Banking.
Within this role you will be a key part of the Middle Office team, processing Trade transactions directly and working with the Global Back Office to deliver market leading service to clients who use Santander for their Trade Finance Servicing.
As a Trade Finance Officer you will check and process non standardised and specialist product, new business within tight timescales. You will also administer non standardised and specialist product portfolios throughout their life span, utilising industry knowledge and systems to provide professional service to Santander Corporate and Commercial Banking customers.
Typically activities will involve
- Approval of standard transactions & provision of instructions / guidance to Madrid processing hub.
- Handling of Complex Transactions
- Validation of transactional Conditions precedent as provided by credit
- Pay no pay decision on Trade transactions in line with Industry & ICC rules
- Liaison with customer on transactional issues and documents discrepancies.
- Confidently manage Customer Communications, e- mail, telephone, post & Trade Services on line
- Technical support to Front Line Business & Customers on product capabilities within ICC rules & credit conditions
- Compliance with rapidly evolving Financial Crime and AML policies (and FCATR13/3)
- Escalation & management of cases reaching non-payment triggers
Deal sizes vary from £5k to £50 million. Specialised knowledge and customer interaction is a key characteristic of these areas. Given the volumes processed and the size and complexity of many transactions, risk and controls management is critical. Ideally you will hold a CITF, CDCS or CSDG qualification although this is not compulsory.
You would be working 9am to 5pm (35 hour week) from Santanders central Manchester office.
Please get in touch with an up to date CV for a confidential chat about this excellent opportunity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job