Trade Finance Executive
Upto £50,000 + bens + bonus
Our client engages in the trade, transportation, storage, and distribution of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) to industrial, commercial, and domestic users.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assist the Trade Finance Manager in carrying out all aspects of the day to day trade finance requirements of the company.
Provide support to the trade finance functions in daily processing and assist in handling of trade finance transactional matters (e.g. checking and processing of export/import letter of credit documentation).
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All aspects of import and export Letter of Credit transactions, standby letters of credit, bonds and guarantees. Monitoring of internal credit limits.
- Issuance of AR invoices.
- Declaration of Cargo insurance.
- Chasing outstanding invoices. (Product and Miscellaneous invoices).
- Liaise with banks, local and overseas counterparts when necessary to ensure timely receipt and issuance of financial security, receipt of payments and delivery of cargoes.
- To provide cover in the absence of other members of the Finance team, where appropriate.
- Establish a good working relationship with traders, operations, finance team and the Singapore and US Trade Finance Department. Proactive communication with all departments.
- Ad hoc support required by the supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Diploma holders with or without experience
- 2-3 years trade finance experience gained with a trading company or Commodity bank.
- Prior experience in the trading or shipping industry will be an advantage
- A sound working knowledge of UCP 600, ISP98 and Incoterms.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Be keen to learn, understand and take on new tasks.
- Be self-motivated and capable of using and applying their initiative to new situations.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Be a natural team-player capable of participation at all levels with good interpersonal skills.
- Letters of Credit
- Trade Finance
- INCO terms
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'