Our Client is a fully integrated Commodity Trader listed on multiple international stock exchanges, are looking to start 2018 with an exciting period of planned growth, resulting in new career opportunities.
Your current experience operating at a senior level from either from the Banking or Trading side of the Trade Finance relationship will enable you to use your extensive knowledge of UCP600 , URDG758 and SCF rules join the business and add immediate commercial value.
- Handling of all trade finance issues from start to finish.
- Liaising with Risk team to monitor trade credit requirements for each transaction;
- Reviewing of physical contracts ensuring that all contracts are acceptable and Credit and Payment clauses are correct.
- Negotiating LC format, terms and conditions with counterparties with excellent negotiation skills
- Verifying LC wording against UCP to ensure all workability issues are clear
- Liaising and coordinating with internal Trading and Operations teams to resolve LC matters
- Arranging issuance of Bank Guarantees and bid performance bonds for purchase and sales
- Negotiating Letters of Credits discounting rates, counterparty risk cover and banks confirmations charges etc. with excellent negotiation skills
- Presenting and processing all documentation under documentary letter of credit or various trade finance products to the banks, e.g. invoice discounting, DLC discounting etc.
- Maintenance of Trade Finance Tracker sheet - ensuring all relevant deals are entered and updated in a timely manner and that L/C utilization graph is updated.
- Provide treasury department with information as required enabling them to produce cash flow to forecast and assist in monthly financial analysis and other duties as reasonably required.
- Assist in other duties from time to time as reasonably required.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Successful candidates will be educated to degree level preferably in a Trade Finance, Banking, Commercial, Treasury or Mathematical subject
- Advanced analytical and organization skills. Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions and to communicate these effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to be a strong team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated attitude to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Able to work to very tight deadlines but also willing to adapt quickly to changes in direction
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- IT literate and have good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Letters of Credit
- Oil Industry
- Trade Finance
- Oil Trading