Job Title: Trade Counter Sales
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm with 1 hour for lunch (Additional working hours may be required during busier periods)
We are looking for candidates ideally from a trade counter background to join a very friendly company based in Poole.
This role requires you to undertake a multi-tasking general role encompassing Various Sales & Stores duties. The ideal candidate for this role will be of a good character, responsible and reliable and able to work as part of a team in a busy environment.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- The efficient issue and receipt of stock and commodities.
- To ensure the safety and security of all assets during transit.
- To take care of stock control
- To accurately check items against picking notes, packing for cost-efficient dispatch
- To actively participate in the response to emergency situations whenever they arise.
- To undertake other similar or associated duties as may be assigned to you.
- Progressing Orders
- Obtaining / building Quotations
- Dealing with inbound calls
- Order entry
- Stock control
- Sales counter
- Health & Safety responsibilities
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- May need to help with deliveries if drivers are all out
- Good telephone manner to handling incoming calls.
- You must be able to cope with the pressure, must be resilient and multi-skilled.
- Candidates should ideally come from a trade counter background and have dealt with trade customers
- MUST have a driving licence
There will be training given and system training as they use their own bespoke system, plus each new person has a mentor. Our client offers good progression opportunities and will work hard to support employee's career plans and keep them within the company. They also have incentives such as weekend trips for employees and their families.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://privacy-policy/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'