Sales (Trade Counter Sales)
Wokingham - driver required
£20,000 - £24,000
Mon to Fri, 07.30 - 17.00, and alternate Saturdays 8-12
Hunters’ client is a leading trade counter specialist hiring a passionate and positive Sales Person with a can-do and customer focused outlook. The Trade Counter Sales Person will engage with customers over the trade counter and by telephone for the local branch. You will be the first point of contact and the perfect host for our customers (Trade and Retail). You will advise customers on the most suitable and advantageous products to use and promote add on items.
• Reporting into Senior Sales role on a day to day basis
• Happy working in a busy open plan office with trade counter, dealing with both trade and retail customers
• Strong proactive sales experience and customer account management
• Able to take on product knowledge quickly and understand multiple component parts that make up a 'complete’ fencing order.
• Team player
• Own transport required due to location of branch
• Nice work environment, as branch has recently been expanded and investment made.
• Working in a team of 8, reporting directly to Branch Manager
• Opportunity to help build and retain strong customer relationships for long term success of the branch
Key Duties / Responsibilities (please note; this list is not exhaustive. Responsibilities include any other reasonable request in line with your skill set)
- You will ensure that the needs of the customers are dealt with as well as adhering to the company’s Health and Safety requirements
- To provide professional, efficient, and effective level of service for all customers at all times.
- To collaborate with senior sales to help price and close active quotations
- To effectively answer trade counter and telephone sales and quotation enquiries in line with the company policy; quickly, accurately and efficiently
- To cross or up sell to customers where appropriate in order to maximise the value of sale
- To responsibly manage customer feedback, always maintaining a positive attitude geared to resolving issues to a mutually satisfying conclusion.
- To observe security procedures in place when dealing with cash sales
- To carry out periodic stocktakes, where required
- To maintain required standards of housekeeping in branch at all times
- To support the rest of the branch team as and when needed in the yard or workshop.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Be a good humoured role model for the company’s values and behaviours
- Will have previous customer service/sales experience.
- Experience of dealing with customers over the telephone and face to face and can do so with confidence.
- Proven ability to develop positive relationship with customers and colleagues
- Must be happy to get stuck in, hands on and give support to the rest of the Branch team when necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A good problem solver, logically minded and good Maths skills.
- Good understanding of computer trading systems.
- Customer Service
- Common Sense