Trade Control Analyst
Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: MO G10
The GFX Middle Office team is responsible for driving market wide projects which have captured the focus of senior management across both Middle Office and Front Office, offering an excellent opportunity to raise your profile across all areas of the business.
Due to the nature of the Foreign Exchange business (a high volume of transactions, covering G10 and Emerging Market Currencies, multiple work streams and complex systems architecture) there is consistent interaction with Trading, Sales, Technology, Settlements and Operations throughout the day. The GFX Middle Office team is a key member of BAML's FX business and how it functions on a daily basis making the area a fast paced and vibrant space to operate in.
You will have a keen attention to detail, be a fast learner across a number of daily routines, and be able to engage the desk and other areas of the business in resolving breaks, queries and workflow changes.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the business, develop your skillset in the Middle Office. You will be part of a growing team able to function independently and collectively to cover the team's daily deliverables and contribute to the change agenda in this group.
In terms of career progression this role provides a rewarding platform for learning and development as well as interaction with the Front Office and various Business Support Partners including cross line of business exposure.
As a Trade Control Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Trade booking and validation for the front office
- Supporting a vibrant trading desk
- Investigation and resolution of breaks on key risk items
- Regular reporting to senior management highlighting KPI's and KRI's
- Point of contact for the desk on Risk and P&L resolution
- Daily interaction with Front Office regarding Sales and Traders queries
- Process improvement initiatives and aspects of system testing
- Controls reporting for senior management
- Projects within the team
As a Trade Control Analyst your skills will ideally include:
- Detail oriented
- Solid controls mind-set
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel (including data analysis, presentation, formulae and pivot tables)
- Ability to challenge and improve existing processes
- Sound communication and negotiation skills and the ability to build relationships across all levels of seniority
- Excellent organisational skills are required with the ability to prioritise daily workload whilst working accurately under pressure
- Proven analytical skills including data reconciliation and interpretation
- Middle office or back office experience (ideally fixed income)
- Previous experience in dealing with internal and external clients
- Logical approach to problem solving - taking ownership and offering practical solutions
- Delivering as part of a team whilst having the capability to work alone
- Understanding of operational risk and the full lifecycle of a trade from execution to settlement
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a quantitative discipline and/or with financial markets focus or equivalent experience
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.