Trade Compliance Specialist (Logistics). Permanent. Basildon. c£45,000 pa
We are seeking candidates with experience in Trade Compliance - either logistics/transport or supply chain management to join a global company near Basildon.
The successful applicant will hold sole responsibility for supporting the Trade Compliance team, especially with import/export regulations.
- Manage and control compliant participation into different Trade Compliance initiatives including, but not limited to, BREXIT, Special Customs Regimes (IPR, CFSP, etc.) FTAs, Country of Origin, Valuation, etc.
- Become the leader on the implementation and maintenance of new AEO certifications and support our regular renewals across the EMEA region.
Prepare executive metrics, reports and presentations utilising Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Assist with the review and update of current Trade Compliance SOPs, work instruction, process flows and all related documents as required under the direction of Subject Matter Experts.
- Support manual and automated self-auditing activities of import/export transactions
- Support the preparation and development of corrective actions resulting from deviations identified when conducting audits and self-assessments.
Manage HS commodity classification of items by generating metrics and reports to measure 3PL performance and when needed, update the classification database with the classifications provided by SMEs
- Support investigations pertaining to trade compliance with applicable import/ export laws
Regularly Update the Customs Compliance SharePoint as needed
- Support the different trade compliance areas with the record retention program for import and export documentation
- Proven experience in Trade Compliance; Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Transportation.
Previous MRP knowledge and understanding
- Be able to quickly learn and understand the business goals and objectives for Trade Compliance within the EMEA region
- Able to comfortably work on multiple projects with minimum training as the priority needs for the business change
- c£45,000 per annum
- Free, on site parking
- Canteen, gym & showers
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank
Keywords: HMRC, customs, AEO, trade compliance, supply chain, logistics, transportation
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Trade compliance