Our client, an industry recognised food retailer, is looking for an outstanding professional and experienced Trade/ Administration Assistant to join their expanding team.
Responsibilities of the Trade/ Administration Assistant will include:
- Actively research possible new suppliers and gain profiled for consideration
- Set up new products by negotiating costs, case size with suppliers
- Control any allocations to stores and keep stores informed on any changes to Regional products
- Arranging for samples and costs from various local suppliers to be sent to the director
- Suggest any special offers or price reductions when sales are low
- Meeting with suppliers to discuss possible new lines and ways to increase sales on existing products
- Researching related products to compare cost and quality - regularly checking to find a product that is new and relevant to the current competitive market
- Control and order stock of ambient products for the Regional warehouse
- Monitoring stock levels and providing feedback to the Trading Director and Buying Assistant of any issues with products or suppliers
- Actioning Emergency product withdrawals and Removal from sales, keeping all relevant departments informed. Controlling re-introduction of the product when safe to be re-sold and deducting the supplier of any relevant charges
- Recalling damaged stock to the Regional warehouse and arranging collection or credit from suppliers
The ideal Trade/ Administration Assistant will possess:
- Experience in a Buying, Trading, Merchandising or Allocator role
- Keen attention to detail is essential along with an analytical approach to decision making with a dynamic manner and approach to problem solving
The hours are from Tuesday - Saturday.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume on this occasion you have not been short-listed.