- A leading manufacturer of flexible plain and printed film, supplying primarily the food and medical sectors are looking to recruit a TPM Manager to join their team.
- TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Manager
Purpose of Role:
- To plan and control all engineering repairs and maintenance activity, to implement the departmental strategy to ensure continuity of production and to facilitate enhanced production efficiencies.
- To assist site engineers in a hands-on manner to ensure continuity of production and to facilitate enhanced production efficiencies.
- To achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the Site General Manager / Operations Manager.
- To implement the planned preventive maintenance plan to reduce production lost time due to machine breakdowns, and to facilitate enhanced production efficiencies and raise OEE.
- To develop / assist in developing the site planned preventive maintenance (PPM) system in line with total productive maintenance (TPM) practices.
- Control the use of external contractors through the Permit to Work System, ensuring site safety procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure a robust system is in place priorities and implement brake down maintenance work on a daily basis.
- Liaise with the SHE manager re the engineering input required into building maintenance and site facilities.
- Liaise with stores operator to determine business critical spares, and to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained.
- Liaise with OEM’s to supply specialized spare parts.
- Lead or participate in resolving issues with OEM’s and service providers where machinery or contracts have failed to perform correctly.
- Liaise with third party contractors to provide cost effective and efficient service contract agreements in engineering services
- Implement and review departmental objectives to achieve KPI’s
- Reviewing individual objectives as appropriate and through the PDR process.
- In conjunction with site SHE Manager develop and agree a departmental budget for engineering R&M on an annual basis, ensuring expenditure is monitored and controlled within budgeted levels.
- Liaise with SHE manager to ensure machine, personnel and contractor safety.
- Lead / participate in ad-hoc project teams as required, TPM, CPS, A3 improvement projects on specified issues.
- To undertake duties in accordance with key legislative requirements.
- Provide management information in a format, which allows ease of analysis and determination of root cause
Strategic Input and Business Improvement:
- Identify and recommend new ways of working which benefit the company through CPS and TPM.
- Demonstrate an active engagement with constantly looking for ways to improve the process to drive commercial benefit and raise OEE.
Relationship Management (Internal and External)
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business (and where applicable clients, contractors, authorities and third parties).
Demonstrate Technical Knowledge
- Have solid engineering fault finding and maintenance background
- Understand the needs of the businesses to comply with legislative compliance
- To provide the Operations Manager, SHE Manager and Site Manager where required reports on performance and compliance, including gap analysis.
- Report all on going Engineering issues in keeping with company procedure.
- Have an interest and understanding of engineering principles.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, have a good knowledge of Excel.
- Have strong organisational, grammar and communication skills at all levels.
- Be able to work in a confidential manner.
- Be detailed, thorough, and accurate.
- Be able to prioritise and manage your own workload and tasks.
- Be pleasant, professional and proficient.
- Be able to deliver training in a confident and proficient manner.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible - a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates "can do" attitude.
Qualifications & Experience:
- HNC or equivalent Engineering qualification (must be Degree Educated)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience in the management of engineering systems to include total productive maintenance (TPM).
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Up to £50,000 depending on experience plus company benefits.
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking for, please contact us on a confidential basis: