Town Planning Policy Officer - £21ph plus - South London Borough
Your new company
An opportunity has arisen within the town planning Policy Department of this South London Borough to take on a temporary position dealing with town centres, retail, employment, housing and environmental policies. The vacancy has arisen due to an increase in workload due to large regeneration projects and an increase in construction throughout the borough. The role is initially a temporary position, for three months, but will be extended depending on performance.
Your new role
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
· Develop planning policy guidance and provide policy advice arising from the local authority's responsibilities
· Carry out work related to the preparation of Local Development Framework documents including policy formulation and implementation
· To monitor the Council's plans and policies and produce reports as required
· To provide specialist and expert advice on planning policy issues
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful applicant you will need the ability to manage a variety of planning policy reports in a fast paced and demanding environment.
· You must be professionally qualified (RTPI recognised) and have planning policy experience with a local authority
· You will have experience in working within a Planning Policy department with a local authority
· Good customer care skills, ability to meet deadlines, and team working are also essential
What you'll get in return
· Competitive hourly rate.
· Excellent potential contract extension.
· Good chance of career progression and the opportunity to progress to a permanent role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job