Town Planner / planning Officer ... LOCAL GOVERNMENT..
Busy Planning department of Local Authority have an immediate need for a Planning Officer/ Town Planner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To assist the Planning Manager in the day to day handling of all aspects of Development Management and control
2. To work with the Planning Manager to ensure effective planning performance and achievement of performance indicators and project management functions relating to large scale major developments
3. To support the DM unit on a mix of majors, householder and other applications for planning permission, listed building consent, advertisement consent and notifications including the carrying out of consultations, attend meetings with consultees and other bodies as required, and negotiating with applicants.
4. To prepare statements for appeals conducted by written representations, and attend hearings as may be required.
5. To advise developers and other prospective applicants in providing pre application advice and policy advice on the sub regional and local plan and other Council Policies prior to submission of planning and other related applications.
6. In accordance with the agreed scheme of delegation and guidance criteria set down, to make recommendations to review and make recommendations to the Head of Planning and Environmental Services and Planning Manager.
7. To provide professional advice to the Enforcement Team on development breaches.
8 To deliver Value for Money and excellent Customer Service in the Planning Service.
9. To comply with the Council's Equal Opportunities policy, Code of Conduct and other relevant policy, procedures and legislation.
10. Ensure that the Health and Safety of themselves and all others affected by their work is a priority and H&S procedures and policies are strictly followed and adhered to.
This role is on a temporary/interim basis and there is flexibility on working from home
Hourly rate of up dependent on your pay status, umbrella or paye. Please note this is inscope of IR35..
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Town Planner/ Planner
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'