37 hours per week (including occasional weekend working) also some early morning / late evening meetings would form part of the 37 hours per week, any overtime is taken in lieu.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic town centre specialist in 1066 Country.
This not for profit company limited by guarantee manages the Hastings Business Improvement District.
OVERALL PURPOSE: To manage and ensuring that the projects and commitments set out in the BID Business Plan are delivered efficiently and effectively
The Board of Directors are now seeking a Manager. The successful applicant will manage the BID’s operation which also includes a Business Crime Reduction Partnership. The Hastings BID is geographically diverse; it covers an area of Seafront and Town Centre and represents 480 levy payers.
Ideally the successful applicant will have the experience and confidence to promote the company’s activities to a wide and varied audience. You will need to demonstrate budgetary and line manager experience and experience of working and communicating at Board level would be desirable.
Key operational responsibilities:
• To manage the BID programme, ensuring an inclusive approach and to act as the primary point of contact for the BID and its levy paying organisations (circa 480)
• To ensure successful implementation of the projects set out in the BID Business Plan
• Develop contracts and work with businesses to deliver specific Hastings BID projects
• Where appropriate, to identify and develop new projects beyond those set out in the BID business plan
• To actively engage all stakeholders in and around the BID area
• To represent the interests of the levy paying businesses when liaising with statutory agencies
• To develop and maintain effective links with all partner agencies, businesses and organisations
• To secure leverage such as voluntary contributions from property owners and developers and grant funding/sponsorship opportunities
Key management responsibilities:
• To take responsibility for the governance and financial performance
• To manage the programme of meetings including committee meetings and sub groups
• To provide regular project and financial progress reports to the Board
• To ensure compliance of appropriate legislation such as Health & Safety, Data Protection, Equality Act 2010 etc.)
• To directly manage the BID’s employees
Key skills and abilities:
• Strategic management, planning and leadership skills
• Operations and project delivery
• Organisational management skills
• Business liaison and commercial awareness
• Marketing and communications
• Administration and finance
• Written, oral and presentation skills
• Influencing and negotiating skills
• Ability to develop positive relationships with staff and the wide range of public and private sector stakeholders
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to work on own initiative without supervision
• Political awareness
• Successful track record of managing multi-faceted projects
• Working effectively in a multi-agency context
• Bidding for and managing externally funded projects
• Marketing, sales or business development
• Ability to put together detailed financial packages and experience of financial management
• Media awareness
Essential Education, Training and Knowledge:
• Educated to degree level
• An understanding of local government and management of town centres
• An understanding of the BID process
• Real understanding of and commitment to consultation and active participation from businesses
• Certificate in BID Management or similar qualification
• Knowledge of Coastal Communities Funding
• Use of Sage One Accounting software
• Understanding/Management of Business Crime Reduction Partnerships
• Understanding of Companies House and HMRC procedures
To apply, please send us your current CV and a covering letter identifying how your skills and abilities match up with the job.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
- Town Centre Management BID Management Not for Profit Organisation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job