Hach have an exciting opportunity for a Total Care Technician to join their growing team based in Glasgow, with travel.
Job Title: Total Care Technician– UK & IE
Location: Glasgow, travel required
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries. A globally diverse team of 71,000 associates, we are united by our culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which is our competitive advantage. In 2014, we generated $19.9B in revenue and our market cap exceeded $60B. We are #149 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20yrs. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate.
Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Performs customer support activities including calibration, service and repair of instruments and ancillaries on customer sites. Working on a wide range of customer sites, including Food & Beverage Industries, Life Science and related laboratories, water treatment and commercial businesses.
Ideally the candidate is based in the Central Scotland area with background in technical field role. However an engineering background with a strong customer focus and determination to succeed is more important.
Total Care Technician - Key Responsibilities:
- To carry out maintenance and calibration on equipment on the customer premises throughout UK and IE
- Willing to travel overseas for training and occasional work in other Hach regions
- Interpret maintenance manuals
- To prepare service reports and keep necessary service records
- To control own spare parts inventory and to ensure that spares and equipment movements are processed through the appropriate system
- Arrange visits in an economic way to ensure efficient customer service
- To maintain tools, spares, equipment and company vehicle in good condition; keep them secure and report any loss immediately
- To carry out or assist with other duties by agreement with Supervisor and Service Manager
- To promote the sales of service work in their region in conjunction with colleagues in Sales and Admin
Total Care Technician - You:
- Mechanical, electronic & electrical aptitude
- Field experience
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation
- Computer literate
- Good communications skills
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Good problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel and lodge out
- Holds valid driving license
To proceed with your application for this exciting Total Care Technician opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job