Injection Mould Toolmaker - Hereford - £28,000-£37,000 + Excellent Benefits
Injection Mould Toolmaker required to join a leading manufacturer of bespoke thermoplastic products based in the Hereford area. Reporting to the Tool Room Manager you will be working in a small team and will be involved in tool design and manufacture for existing product tools.
Salary - £28,000-£37,000 (DOE)
Working Hours - 08:30-17:00 (Monday-Thursday) 08:30-16:00 (Friday)
5% company contribution pension
25 days holiday + bank holidays
2 week Christmas shut-down
Flexible working hours
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance, repair and modification of injection mould tools.
- Operating Grinding Machines, Centre Lathes, CNC and manual Milling and Turning Machines and other relevant tool room machinery, including CAD/CAM.
- To communicate with customers to discuss tooling and other engineering issues.
- Liaise with the companies external tooling partner where necessary to manage new tooling, modifications and repairs effectively and to the business and customers timeframes.
- To continually improve quality and accuracy both for tools and moulded components.
- Produce components from engineering drawings.
- Carry out repairs on existing tools as well as modifying injection moulding tools.
- To ensure that the repair and maintenance of injection mould production tools is carried out in line with production requirement in the allocated time frame.
- To produce new tools, moulds and hot plate welding jigs.
- To test and confirm electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic operation of tools before return to production.
- To record all relevant data pertaining to tooling and record onto the Toolroom database.
- To be proactive in making tooling modifications to improve scrap cycle time and tool reliability.
- Will ideally be an apprentice-served Toolmaker or will have at least 5 years previous experience of making, amending, and maintaining injection moulding mould tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Proven experience in setting and operating tool making machines (lathes, mills, grinders, spark eroder etc).
- Experience of injection mould production from concept through design, ideally working in a bespoke manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate excellent bench 'hand skills' i.e. filing and forming
- Comprehensive understanding of 2D tooling drawings and 3D CAD models
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for sales and manufacturing staff, recruiting UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- injection mould
- Tool maker