Job Title: Toolmaker
Department Name: Tool Room
NATURE OF THE JOB
Experienced on CAD/CAM software including 3D data manipulation. (NX experience preferred)
Operate all Standard Toolroom machinery and have experience with various CNC machinery operation and programming
Perform all aspects of plastic injection mould tool requirements, maintenance, repair and modifications.
Manufacture Jigs & Fixtures, Prototype tooling & parts and Test fixtures to support the manufacturing processes across the facility
Provide technical support to the other functional departments.
1. To safely use and maintain all tool room equipment used in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation and company 5S guidelines and to ensure others in the tool room adhere likewise.
2. To accurately manufacture prototypes and product samples, jigs,fixtures in accordance with given work schedules, prioritising work as necessary, using appropriate CAD/CAM systems when required.
3. To maintain/ repair and modify production mould tools in accordance with company guidelines.
4. To work as a team to fully assist all functions within the Facility.
5. Use initiative to assist and introduce new methods for assembly and manufacture, communicating these as necessary.
6. To accurately manufacture mould tools in accordance with given work schedules, prioritising work as necessary. Manipulate CAD data for localised machining and the manufacture of electrodes etc.
Education, Training and Work Experience
1. Time served
2. ONC (desired but not essential)
3. Proven Experience
? Business Focus ? Communication/Influence ? Planning and Organisation
? Customer Focus ? Initiative ? Problem Solving/Decision Making
? Innovation/Change Management ? Leadership ? Teamwork
? Technical/Functional Knowledge
* Use initiative when planning daily work to maximise efficiency.
* Use initiative to recognise & solve recurring issues
* Use initiative to Investigate & propose Long-term improvement ideas
* Plans organises & focused the Toolroom team on completing the task with the desired lead time and the highest quality level
* Adapts to changes in the company effecting the Toolroom
* Acts appropriately when interacting with people in & out of Toolroom
* Interacts effectively as a Team member within a cross-functional environment
* Communicates effectively at Management level when required
* Responds to changes in customer demand with speed & enthusiasm
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.