The Siamo Group are currently recruiting for a Toolmaker for a large manufacturer based in Corby.
- Plans and prepares order documents related to equipment
- Verifies order documents with respect to completeness, functionality and feasibility based on experiences
- Documents production material/equipment; corrects and amends drawings if necessary
- Inspects received parts and initiates rework/adjustments if needed
- Supports the final approval and technical release of the production and test equipment
- Conducts test of production materials/equipment
- Produces parts with complicated structure and extensive equipment
- Sets-up devices under consideration of operational standards
- Maintains equipment, dismantles deficient equipment and checks it according to nonconformity report
- Conducts and documents repairs
- Adjusts maintenance standards after consultation
- Plans and coordinates allocated repairs after commissioning by the supervisor"
- Experienced time served machinist, able to work on own initiative to produce components from drawings and sketches to close tolerances.
- May also be involved in development projects, therefore proto-type experience would be an advantage. Knowledge of the heat treatment of tool steel is also required.
- Good organisation abilities and competence in keeping and maintaining records
Capability of programming and maintaining the following machines:
- XYZ Proturn SLX1630 CNC Lathe
- XYZ SMX 3500 CNC Bed Mill
- Jones and Shipman 540 Surface Grinder
- Heat Treatment Oven
This is a full time, permanent staff role. The working hours are Monday - Friday (6-2, 2-10, 10-6) with overtime available. This is an hourly paid position but you can expect an annual salary of £36,000 P/A.
To find out more about this position or the company in question, Please contact Jordan May on or or click 'Apply Now'.