Tool Maker Maker Urgently Required!
Our prestigious aero space business based in the South Yorkshire area URGENTLY require a professional Toolmaker to join a team of highly qualified shop floor personnel who provide vital support to the manufacturing facility by producing,repairing and maintaining jigs,fixtures and form tools for new and existing product.The Jigs and fixtures can range from small pion fitting tools of over 1 metre diameter
Main Duties and Responsibilities are:
To work as part of a team and be responsible for producing new jigs, fixtures and form tools to the engineering drawings provided by the tooling design team.
Be responsible for maintaining, repairing and improving existing jigs, fixtures and form tools.
Can work with manufacturing engineers and tooling design engineers to provide the most effective and cost efficient tooling solutions.
Will provide tool room support to the maintenance department and may provide input into the quotation process
Skills, Experience & Qualification:
* Be fully competent using manual lathes for turning details up to 1 metre diameter also milling machines, radial arm drills, surface and cylindrical grinders.
* Have all the required hand skills for jig and tool manufacturing and maintenance.
* Some CNC milling experience would be an advantage.
* Be fully competent in interpreting and understanding engineering drawings.
* Be fully competent in manufacturing jigs and fixtures from the details given on engineering drawings
* Experience and ability to produce parts to tight tolerances.
* Experience of producing and maintaining press tools.
* Be able to work as part of a team in a fast moving, dynamic department.
* Demonstrate a good level of numeracy / literacy.
* Demonstrate the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
* Must have a proven tool making background.
* Have a good understanding of technical drawings and geometric tolerances.
* Be able to produce the required items to agreed time scales in a dynamic and fluid environment
Hours Of Work
Monday to Friday with optional overtime as and when required
Monday to Thursday 715am to 4pm
Friday 715am to 1245pm
This is a Permanent position with excellent career prospects for career minded articulate tenacious individuals
To hear more about this exciting opportunity
Please send Cv to
Strictly no calls as application by Cv only
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.