Three newly created positions are open within a new manufacturing facility serving the automotive industry. This is a rare opportunity to join an automotive giant at their impressive state of the art facility in Telford. Offering the latest up to date equipment and facilities within a vibrant, positive, and exciting environment.
The Toolmaker will have a wide and varied role from attending unplanned breakdowns on tooling equipment to implementing daily preventative maintenance, working as a team or an individual to achieve the company goals.
- Preparation and maintenance of existing tooling according to requirements.
- Effectively identifies day to day tooling issues and implements corrective action where required.
- Cleaning of all production tooling to ensure on time delivery and schedule adherence goals are met.
- Ensures all tooling is safe and production ready at the time returned for production use, following correct preventative maintenance (PM) process.
- Ensures Leader is advised when assignments cannot be completed as planned.
- Supports coordination of engineering changes and supports maintenance of spare parts.
- Prepares and tests tools by laying out / setting up / machining.
- May design / make tools / templates to produce prototype parts of various materials including generating bill of material and complete fabrication and validation.
- Verifies conformance of machined and/or repaired tools to specifications by checking dimensions / clearances / alignments.
- May make parts of various plant machines and tools as required.
- Fits and assembles parts and test completed tools for proper operation.
- Sets up and carefully monitors tools and performs inspections prior to removing tooling from the machine.
Experienced toolmaker from either a contract or domestic toolroom background. Experience any of the variety of tooling from diecast, plastic injection mould tooling to presswork
Skills required include:
- Excellent hand tool skills. (hand tools will be supplied)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Experience in working with Toolroom equipment including overhead cranes.
- Experience in Inspection equipment. (micrometer, height indicator, etc.),
- Experienced in using milling machine, lathe, surface grinder, bench grinder, etc.
- Ability to follow and execute the preventative maintenance program.
The toolroom provides cover over a three shift basis of 6am-2pm, 2pm-10 and 10pm-6am. We have openings for toolmaker. We have options for either a 2 shift mornings and afternoons, a 3 shift or a permanent night shift.
Basic salary is initially £32K plus shift allowance (25%) and generous benefits.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a new manufacturing facility offering an excellent opportunity for progression.
For further information please contact Steve on or