- Complete all tool fits and insert changes safely and to a high standard in the required time.
- Complete all tool prep's and de-prep's to a high standard.
- Assist the process techs on the line during setups with gun changes and tooling problems.
- Complete minor tool repairs and report any major repairs.
- Complete tool overhauls and services, e.g. re-securing cavities, re-drilling and re-tapping damaged or stripped bolts and adding core vents etc.
- Maintain all equipment including gun refurbishment, receiver frames, spray frames, Enstats and changing press seal etc.
- Be able to complete major repairs should as building new spray frames, repairing enstats on machine chests, be competent with drilling and tapping and repair enstats on receiver frames.
- Conduct monthly stock checks and advise of any shortages.
- Communicate all issues and keep all departments informed of all activities.
- Assist with training in tool prep and tool fitting procedures.
- Complete any tasks given.
- Complete a tooling report sheet and place it in the report tray for the tool coordinator every time you experience any issues or have recommended improvements, also give feedback on report sheet.
- Complete any job sheets
- Complete all tool fitting paperwork, fill in the rating systems and report any issues.
- Follow 5s procedures at the start and during your shift.
- Complete 1 major improvement every month and assist with general improvements
- Assist with Tool fitting & Tool prep operations including gun maintenance etc.
- Follow the production plan daily for tool fit times and the order of which to do the preps in.
- Complete fork lift checks.
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE.
- Report all safety issues.
- Take part in keeping yourself and others working safe at all times
- Makes sure you and everyone around you are following all safety rules, from lock out tag out to wearing PPE etc.
- Any safety breaches can result in dismissal
- Ensure you always lock out machines and that you are trained on equipment before using it.
- Never leave any area untidy for the next shift; you should leave everything as you would like to receive it.
- Complete any 5's reports
- Any poor housekeeping passed on to another shift will not be tolerated; you should always leave the place 100%.
- Complete housekeeping as requested.
- Ensure your allocated presses for housekeeping are up to date and of a good standard