Our client a global first tier automotive supplier of advanced plastic injection moulded parts are looking to recruit a Tooling Maintenance Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organise, plan and provide reactive and preventive maintenance, the setting, maintenance and development of production tool programming.
- Prepare a preventive maintenance schedule and distribute instructions.
- Order spare parts in the computer system.
- Ensure the supply of spare parts as part of a Preventive Maintenance Plan.
- Make necessary adjustments and upgrade tools in compliance with tolerances.
- Check that tools operate correctly during production and carry out maintenance as required.
- Record tool maintenance on log cards to ensure the traceability of maintenance operations.
- Make the necessary decisions to optimise maintenance to prevent the recurrence of failures, without making any major alterations to the tools.
- Perform improvement and modification work on tools in compliance with safety instructions and procedures in force.
- Make requested improvements to tools to ensure their rapid assembly on the press.
- Propose and implement technical and mechanical improvements on tools to optimise their operation.
- Make or assign others to make modifications to tools based on customer requests.
- Make modifications requested internally.
- Check the quality of his/her work, respect the mould record flow and ensure the mould is processed at the end of the work.
- Analyse and resolve technical malfunctions associated with part quality.
- Help to diagnose anomalies, faults, failures of production means.
- Decide on the actions to be implemented in the event of a problem.
- Organise, plan and manage maintenance in his/her field of expertise.
- Propose and implement adequate corrective actions.
- Propose improvement plans.
- Help to select and implement improvement actions.
- 30-33K per annum.
- 2 shift rotation: Day shift, Late shift.
- Pension scheme.
- die maintenance
- tooling maintenance technician