Westray Recruitment Consultants is working with a Global Automotive Manufacturer based in County Durham to search for a Tooling Maintenance Technician. The role will role will involve the stripping down and cleaning of tools, as well as dealing with general tooling breakdown issues.
- Organise, plan and provide curative and preventive maintenance on the setting, maintenance and development of production tool programming.
- The role will involve the stripping down and cleaning of tools, as well as dealing with general tooling breakdown issues.
- Carry out surface grinding, milling, spark erosion and MIG and TIG welding duties.
- Replace tools, repair dies and moulds, and also ensure temporary repairs of all associated tooling and maintenance issues.
- Provide small modification of parts and order spare parts on the computer system.
- Ensure the supply of spare parts as part of a Preventive Maintenance Plan.
- Make necessary adjustments and upgrade tools in compliance with tolerances.
- Record tool maintenance on log cards to ensure the traceability of maintenance operations.
- Make the necessary decisions to optimise maintenance to prevent the recurrence of failures, without making any major alterations to the tools.
- Perform improvement and modification work on tools in compliance with safety instructions and procedures in force.
- Ensure the cleanliness of work area and the quality of work.
- Check and ensure that tools are in good working order.
- Provide expertise in a specialist field, including propose and implementing adequate corrective actions and also helping to select and implement improvement actions.
- Make sure that preventive maintenance constraints are taken into account regarding new tools to be installed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Must be a Time Served Toolmaker.
- Hold a Certificate of Professional Competence.
- Educated to Degree level within a related speciality.
- It would be preferred if candidates were from the plastics industry, either having experience in extrusion, blow moulding, thermoforming or injection moulding.
- The ability to effectively select and communicate with suppliers regarding specific tooling.
- Hold excellent reporting and documentation skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties.
- A passionate and enthusiastic attitude.
This role is a permanent position which will initially be day shift (8am-5pm) and will most likely move to a 2 shift pattern including days (7am-3pm) and backs (3pm-11pm).
A highly competitive salary is on offer and an excellent benefits package, including 25 days holiday plus statutory and a contributory pension scheme. Overtime is available for this position and pays Time and a half during the week and double time Sunday,
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch Tony Hutchinson to find out more information about this position, he can be contacted on .