BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey in 'advancing the world of health’.
We are currently recruiting a Tooling Engineer to lead tooling projects and provide technical support for the development, specification, purchase, installation and qualification of Plastic Injection Mould tools. Projects will include new products NPI programmes, capacity expansion, pilot and industrial mould tooling.
As Tooling Engineer, you will:
- Prepare new tooling proposals and evaluate DFM reports.
- Lead / Attend tooling design reviews for new projects. You will sign-off on General Assembly mould designs on projects under your control after evaluating the design for tool robustness, cooling, injection, ejection, Type of steel to be used, steel harnesses and coatings, mould movements etc.)
- Set objectives, lead, motivate, and manage Tooling Suppliers in order to deliver world class plastic injection tooling for the business and to defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Lead, review and approve Tooling procurement activities and risk management activities within your allocated work stream to improve standardisation and maximise value added quality
- Provide mould tooling technical support on subcontract tool validation projects to agreed specifications and targets.
- Advise and support R&D product development teams on the latest mould technologies i.e. hot runners, multi shot, stack tools, IML, insert tooling etc. when required.
- Provide tooling knowledge on mould tool design and construction using different polymers.
- Attend and be able to resolve chronic tooling issues/problems faced at tool maker and / or moulder. Be able to conduct detailed analysis of the problem and prepare action plans to resolve identified issues.
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability / responsibility for successful and timely completion of designated tasks.
The successful candidates will have expertise in Plastic injection moulding technologies, mould tool designs and process development. You will be skilled to a good level in project management, effective communication, presentation and documentation. You will have a demonstrable background in risk analysis, HPRM / DFMEA, statistical analysis / SPC system and of Six Sigma methodologies.
Your background will include a good level of hands on engineering experience in plastic injection moulding within a medium to high volume manufacturing environment, ideally within a Medical Devices or a highly regulated industry. You will have good knowledge and working experience to interpret 3D and 2D drawing and 3D CAD applications including SolidWorks, Moldflow analysis software or similar tools used for 'design for manufacture’.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button below.
- Tool Design
- Regulated Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job