Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading company in their search for a Tooling and Maintenance Engineer to work in their leading facility in Wrexham.
Tooling and Maintenance Engineer
£25,000-30,000 per annum
Role of the job:
- Responsible to: Assistant Engineering manager
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of injection mould tooling
- Carrying out preventative maintenance of injection moulding machines and ancillary equipment including some electrical work.
- Supporting and advising on the design and manufacture of new tooling.
- Sourcing / specifying new equipment and conducting robust supplier selection for new projects.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities (Kaizen, six sigma, 5S, Lean manufacturing, etc.)
- Maintain a safe working environment by following company standards and procedures
What we're looking for:
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, flexible and a good team player with a solid understanding of Mechanical Engineering and the principles of designing for injection moulding. They will possess excellent problem solving skills and have a commitment to continuous improvement, learning and development.
- Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering. Time served mechanical engineering apprenticeship and HND qualifications will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Injection Moulding environment is essential
- Experience with 3D CAD modelling software
- Strong Project Management experience
- Hands on mould tooling and Injection machine maintenance experience
- Milling machine and Lathe operation is an advantage but not essential.
- Be competent in the use of measurement gauges, including micrometres, Vernier callipers, height gauges. The use of CMM equipment is an advantage.
- Electrical qualifications would be an advantage.
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Wrexham) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.