Bromford Industries have an exciting opportunity for a Tool Setter / Pre Kitter to join their growing team based in Bromford, Birmingham.
Job Title: Tool Setter / Pre Kitter
Location: Bromford, Birmingham (B24 8DW)
Salary: £11.40 per hour + Benefits
Job Type: Day Shift - 39 Hours per week
Bromford are a leading manufacturer of engine, landing gear and precision components, typically of complex, close tolerance design in difficult to process aerospace grade materials. Many of the components and assemblies Bromford make are vital to our customers' success and used in critical applications to give them clear differentiation in the market.
This role is required to support the SAE Production Cell across all Disciplines. To organise and ensure the timely preparation of tooling to support production demands and requirements.
Tool Setter / Pre Kitter - Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work from operation set up packs and work instructions and collect prescribed tools from tool storage and assemble as directed
- Assemble tools into holders as per set up pack instructions
- Obtain gauges and check calibration dates
- Present tooling packages to machine operators
- Monitor tooling kits and replenish when required
- Return fixtures to correct locations on completion of operations
- Strip and clean holders, and to identify tooling to be refurbished
- Adhere to all HS&E policies and procedures
Tool Setter / Pre Kitter - Person Specification:
- Conscientious and has a methodical approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Initiative to work individually as well as working within a team
- Must have a desire for continuous improvement
Tool Setter / Pre Kitter – Qualifications / Experience:
- A good understanding of CNC Turning and Milling and preferably previous experience of these disciplines
- Have good hand writing, and be computer literate
- Experience of a similar role and proven track record of completing the expectations of the role to a high standard
To submit your CV for this exciting Tool Setter / Pre Kitter opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job