Tool Maker Wanted!
Our well respected client who are specialists in automotive presswork, established over 70 years ago are recruiting for a Tool Maker to join their busy team in the Tool room. Want to work for a family run business which spans three generations and boasts an impressive history? Apply now!
The Successful Tool Maker will be required to:-
- Make, service and maintain press tools for the company’s production facilities
- Tool splitting
- Disassembly and reassembly of tools
- Replacing component parts, dies, punches and springs
- Ensure that good quality product is produced to a high standard Tool regrinding
- Keep your tools clean and tidy and return them to their correct place after use
- Problem solve and tool improvement
- Observe good housekeeping, segregate rubbish in the correct containers
- Ensure all parts produced are correct to drawing
- Ensure that all tooling records are updated and complete
- Comply with health and safety regulations at all times
- Wear the PPE recommended for your job
- Observe and comply with all signs, notices and communications directed at maintaining a safe working environment
- An understanding of ISO 14001 and their contribution to the business to help to achieve objectives.
Equipment used: Overhead crane, forklift truck (a licence would be beneficial but not essential), grinders, milling machines, pillar drill, lathe and general engineering equipment
The Successful Tool Maker will have:-
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Tool Maker or within a Tool making environment.
- Apprenticeship in Tool making and relevant courses associated.
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Proven efficiency with working practices
- The ability to communicate effectively to own team and other departments
- An organised approach to work and have the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Attention to detail
Benefits of the Tool Maker role:-
- Opportunity to work for a well-established, family run Company who value their staff.
- Working Hours: Monday - Thursday - 8am - 5pm and Friday 8am - 1pm.
- Starting salary of £33,000 - £35,000 or £15.00 - £17.00 per hour will be offered depending on experience.
- ISO 14001
- Press Tools
- Tool Room
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'