MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To undertake all duties of a skilled and qualified tool maker in the manufacture, repair and modification on all injection mould tools within the group companies and for external customers. Liaise daily with the production supervisor on completion dates of assigned work. To plan and maintain their own work load in accordance with delivery dead line dates as requested by all customers either internal or external to the company.
Where necessary to act as a mentor to the company apprentices in order to further their skills set in the are of tool making
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undertake any task relating to tooling, fixtures and production improvements as requested by the Management team.
- To project manage new tooling ensure on time delivery and to budget as quoted by the company General Manager
- Carry out modifications as and when necessary to all existing
- Carry out routine TPM on all tooling as and when necessary in accordance with the companies TPM guidelines
- Work to and understand detailed tool drawings for the manufacture of new or spare
- Work within the CNC section for general machine work as necessary
- Work within EDM Spark Erosion and Wire Erosion as necessary
- General machining.
- Any requests as deemed reasonable by the management team
Time served apprenticeship or equivalent in general tool making
Mechanical Engineering qualifications (City & Guilds or NVQ level)
Worked with injection mould tools.
Having worked in a Tool room / Workshop environment
Experience of injection mould tool manufacture.
Accuracy, efficiency, adaptability and attention to detail.
A willingness to learn and be self-motivated.
Conversant with CNC Machine centres, EDM Spark erosion, Wire erosion, surface and cylindrical grinding and general machining
Training will be given to the successful candidate
Ability to work with others, part of a team.
Excellent communicating skills.