TMT LAWYER – MANCHESTER
We are currently looking to recruit a lawyer from 6 years+ PQE, to join the TMT team in our Manchester office.
Candidate & Role Summary
This represents an exciting opportunity for the right individuals. Pinsent Masons has a tier one TMT international practice with TMT lawyers operating across the globe. We are seeking to grow our international TMT practice from London and around our Pinsent Masons hubs. The practice has a strong focus on clients in the firm's global sectors of Advanced Manufacturing & Technology and Financial Services, particularly financial services clients, technology suppliers and customers seeking digital solutions and innovation. We have dedicated project managers embedded in our teams to help deliver the large and complex projects on which we work.
This is a dynamic team where every team member can make his or her own mark. Senior associates are a key part of the team's development and are able to take responsibility for leading on projects, developing and leading client relationships, contributing to the team's business development plans, focusing on sector activity and supporting the growth of more junior team members.
The role is wide-ranging, and will include:
· supporting clients with their digital, technology outsourcing and business change projects;
· acting for customers and suppliers of telecommunications and sourcing related deals;
· developing ongoing relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
· developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
· taking an active role in our campaigns, the developments of our products and pitching for new work.
The successful candidates will:
· have gained experience in a firm with an established TMT practice or a large commercial practice, specialising in sourcing and IT related matters;
· preferably have some experience of advising regulated clients in the Financial Services sector on IT and sourcing matters;
· have grounding in IT, Data Protection and Commercial Law;
· be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues;
· be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
· be receptive to different ways of working including strong project management;
· have the inter personal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
· have an interest in an international practice
What will we offer you?
· We are a market leading, dynamic and growing international team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
· You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in the TMT sector.
· We have an unparalleled client base comprising major banks and insurance companies, major technology businesses, UK Government and a number of leading international companies in our four global sectors.
· We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
Key characteristics of the TMT senior associate we are looking for
· Technically excellent and with previous TMT experience of at least six years
· Ideally from private practice or have spent several years in private practice (with a City firm ideally)
· Experience of leading on and/or performing the second in command role on complex TMT projects
· Enthusiastic and a team player
· Self starter, commercially aware and client focused
· Enthusiastic regarding business development and with significant previous experience of a wide range of BD activities
· Experience of supervising more junior lawyers and trainees within the team
· Strong academic background, excellent communication and organisational skills
· Interest in an international practice (with foreign language capability a benefit but not mandatory)
Pinsent Masons LLP is ranked in the top 15 of UK law firms and in the top 100 of law firms globally.
Pinsent Masons LLP has one of the leading and most established TMT practices in the UK. With 29 partners and 82 additional fee-earners, across a network of offices nationwide, our substantial practice provides all aspects of technology and digital law.
Pinsent Masons LLP has one of the largest and most experienced TMT teams of any international law firm.
- The very best national and international work.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
- Genuine long-term career prospects supported through our "best in class" training and our Academy personal development programmes.
About the firm
Pinsent Masons is an international law firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate. With over 1,500 lawyers operating from 24 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, Pinsent Masons is well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
In recent years it has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. The firm has significant international credentials in the global energy, infrastructure, financial services and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans, technology and tax advice.
Pinsent Masons stands out in particular for its innovative approach to service delivery, for example, the firm operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario. Pinsent Masons has also recently acquired a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham which further enhances the firm's innovative and market leading offering.
For more details, please contact our in house Lateral Recruitment Manager Tia Jawed who can discuss the role and requirements.#LI-Lawyer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'