Tissue Sectioning Scientist - Molecular Pathology
£25000 - £28000plus benefits
12 month contract
My client is a successful global company that provides a variety of on-site Laboratory Services to major pharmaceutical companies.
They have a new opportunity at a respected pharmaceutical research organisation ideal for an organised and proactive scientist specialising in immunohistochemistry (specifically sectioning) to join their molecular pathology labs.
This company seek communicative, enthusiastic and capable scientists for their roles and reward their employees a varied and valuable working experience.
Joining a friendly team, you will support biomarker identification and analysis for drug projects from early stage through to Phase I and II clinical trials. The focus of the Molecular Pathology group you will be joining is the development and application of immunohiostochemistry (IHC) based assays.
Key Tasks of the job include:
- Routine preclinical and clinical FFPE tissue sectioning to a routinely high quality and fast turnaround
- Opeating to GCP practice
- Routine &E staining
- High quality digital pathology scanning of IHC and H&E tissue sections and cell pellets through Leica Digital Pathology Systems
- Maintenance of tissue bank
- Maintenance of pathology equipment
- Support of routine tissue culture tasks and preparation of cell pellet controls
To apply for this role:
- You will have proven experience in sectioning with a variety of clinical tissue types. This will be from a high throughput pathology laboratory. Experience from a hospital environment in a routine sectioning role would be a distinct advantage
- It is desirable to have a background in the pharmaceutical industry or knowledge of the drug development process
- It is desirable to have experience with slide scanning and image analysis
To succeed in this job, you should demonstrate the following qualities/attributes:
- A good team worker
- Energetic, dependable with proven attention to detail capability
- The ability to communicate with people at all levels
To find out more about this and other similar roles, please contact Sophia at Consult Search and Selection.
- Molecular Pathology
- tissue sectioning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job