Timber Mill Machinist – Gibbs & Dandy – Rhyl:
We are looking for a professional operator to work the mill. Relevant qualification in wood machinery is preferred. Previous sales/customer service experience is desirable. Experience of working with mill machinery is essential. Relevant product knowledge is essential. experience desirable. Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team is essential. Full training will be provided.
So are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a reputation? Then apply today!
What will I be doing in the role?
- Operating a variety of woodworking machinery, six cutters, band saws, wall saws, saws.
- Machining of profiles to full fill customer orders for bespoke sizes in both softwood timber and oak to strict order deadlines.
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team.
- Adherence to EHS standards by ensuring; work area is kept tidy and cleaned daily, machinery is rigorously maintained.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in a Mill Machinist?
- You should have some customer service experience. If you know what great services like, sounds like and feels like. That’s really important to us.
- Proven experience in a timber mill
- Proven ability to operate machinery, setting the correct specifications with minimal supervision
- Relevant woodwork machinery qualification
- Holding an FLT licence would be advantageous
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Comfortable working in a busy environment
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Prior use of an edge bander glue press CNC (Desirable)
- Prior experience of washroom and door products and production (Desirable)
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 days with service)
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job