Timber Centre Assistants
Timber Centre Assistant
Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time.
Tippers is a family run Builders Merchants providing quality building materials for trade and DIY customers from 10 branches across the Midlands. We aim to be the complete one-stop shop with an extensive showroom, supplying a wide range of quality building materials from leading manufacturers designed to suit all your building needs.
Tippers are looking to recruit an experienced Timber Centre Assistant who will be responsible for ensuring customers are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
Job Summary/Overall Scope of Position
• To ensure that all customers are served in a prompt and efficient manner
• To assist customers with the aim to promote, improve and increase profitable Sales for the Company by creating good customer relationships, providing an after sales service to customers where necessary
• To accurately process point of sale transactions via the computer system
• Have awareness at all times of Company procedures in relation to all transactions and pricing policies
• To assist in maintaining stock levels and good housekeeping on all displayed items
• Order picking and order collation/assisting with the loading/unloading of customers and suppliers vehicles
• Having awareness at all times of Health & Safety regulations in relation to this position
• To operate the sawmill equipment safely and efficiently ensuring health & safety procedures are followed
• Having an awareness at all times of Company procedures in relation to the yard operation
• To improve and maintain good product knowledge of all products stocked in the timber yard and generally keep
aware of products available in the Timber Centre
• Any other duties reasonably associated with this department
• A high level of self-motivation
• Ability to work alone, within a team and with supervision
• Ability to communicate at all levels professionally
• Ability to work under pressure
• To have persistence to ensure set tasks/objectives are met
• Reliability, good time keeping and attendance
• To share a responsibility with the Management for your own personal training and development
The above Job Description is designed to indicate the general scope of the position and will be subject to periodic review.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please.
- Customer Service
- Builders Merchants
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"