Travel Counsellors are an award-winning, travel business that places people at the heart of everything we do. We have 1,700 home-based Travel Counsellor Franchisees and 350 support staff based from our head office located near the Trafford Centre in Manchester and internationally in our 6 satellite offices. With sales of £500m plus per annum and ambitions to be a £1bn digitally enabled business, famous for the way we look after our customers and people we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who will be integral to the on-going success of this entrepreneurial business.
The Company sets itself apart by recruiting the best travel advisers, building personal relationships with customers and delivering the highest level of personal service and care that can be found in any industry. For over twenty years we’ve set the trends in travel homeworking, and last year we won the TTG Top Homeworking Agency and Travel Weekly Best Homeworking Agency awards. We’re a world class, bespoke business and one of the most fundamental factors of our business is that we’re consistent in offering an authentic and tailor-made service where our Travel Counsellors create "one off" itineraries that cannot be found off the shelf.
Founded 23 years ago, our business model is tried and tested, based on relationships, retention and referral. It’s this approach that makes us more than a little different from the rest. And that’s what keeps our customers coming back year after year, again and again. In fact, 96% say they would recommend Travel Counsellors to their friends, family and colleagues.
The business is growing quickly and has a huge opportunity for further growth by executing its clear strategy globally (referred to as RRP), focusing on:
Recruiting more franchisees globally;
Leveraging the opportunities to increase new business from Referrals and drive up more Re-Book business, specifically from first time bookers; and
Driving sales through the Company’s in-house booking system Phenix and specifically it’s directly contracted product.
The opportunity for growth is predicated on the basis of word class leading levels of customer retention, loyalty and advocacy.
The Company’s culture is based on caring and it has a clear management behaviours centred around Focus (on RRP), Pace and Energy. We want to develop a culture that encourages innovation, fresh thinking and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback at all levels.
Moving forward we’re looking for authenticity and creative flair, for individuals who are comfortable operating in the world of modern technology and those who possess a high level of digital skills, to make sure we’re always one step ahead. Each and every individual who works for Travel Counsellors takes pride in what they do, we set high standards and always, always aim to deliver.
It’s all because we care. Caring is in our DNA.
Your main duties will include:
- Ensuring all published and consolidated tickets are issued accurately and efficiently.
- Providing assistance when required with Galileo entries for our Travel Counsellors over telephone or via email.
- Providing fares and rules advice to our Travel Counsellors.
- Advising Travel Counsellors of time changes and updates on bookings made through our in-house system Phenix.
- Reissuing tickets due to time changes or passenger action.
- Processing ticketing on group bookings.
- Making amendments to ticketed published fare bookings.
- Making amendments to ticketed consolidator fare bookings.
- Calculating fare differences on published and consolidator fare bookings.
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the IATA Manager
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of fares and ticketing published and net fare contracts.
- Experience of making and amending Reservations.
- Experience of working in a business travel or consolidator environment.
- Qualified to a minimum BA level 1 fares and ticketing or equivalent.
- Sound working knowledge of Galileo.
- Flexibility to working hours if workload requires during peak periods.
- Patience and willingness to help others
- Ability to work well within a small but busy team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to solve flight/ticket related problems efficiently.