Ticket Office Clerk
Ontrak Recruitment & Training are currently seeking committed and outgoing applicants to join our valued and long standing clients on the Railways.
This fantastic opportunity will not only benefit your pocket as our rates of pay are competitive, but will also kick start your career within a professional, customer service position.
What makes working for Ontrak so good?
We pay you whilst training! You will get to know the Ontrak Team and you will have a dedicated member of our staff to work closely with you throughout your career with us.
What does a Ticket Office Clerk do?
- Provide outstanding customer service: travel information, passenger assistance for purchasing tickets and updating information as and when required.
- Proactively selling a full range of National Rail tickets to passengers on the main station concourse
- Cash handling
- Credit and card payments
- Providing real time information to passengers on travel routes and travel information
- Comply with all safety requirements, ensuring personal safety and that of others at all times.
- Communicate effectively with other staff and customers in the interests of safety and customer service using information systems as supplied.
- Respond to customer requirements and generate solutions by carrying out the customer recovery policy, keeping business needs in mind.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensure you keep up to date with all Rules, Notices and Retail circulars and publications that may affect your working environment or product knowledge
There are some hurdles of course….
- this roll can be lone working
- you must be able to get to your location of work for 5am start and the latest finish could be finishing as late as 6am. Most shifts are around 8 hours but there is an opportunity to work up to 12hours!!
- you will need to pass an inital assesment and extensive training
- you will need to provide valid identification, work permit (if applicable) and proof of national insurance
- you must have previous exceptional customer service experience
- must be flexible to work shift times (earliest, latest, and weekends)
- must be available to start immediately as these are temporary positions
Are you the right candidate for the job?
- Do you enjoy working with people face to face?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and helping people?
- Are you naturally calm and collected when dealing with issues?
- Are you a good communicator?
- Do you want to further your career by working for an established Railway company?
- Are you able to work flexible hours including bank holidays and weekends?
If you answered yes to the above and want to know more then please apply now for an immediate interview!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'