Job reference number 79335
Tibco Platform Architect
Royal Mail have invested heavily in Tibco. This investment will operate at significant scale and form the backbone of the Event Processing System capable of processing 1000s of transactions per second. An specialist Tibco architect is required to ensure this investment is built in a way that can be leveraged for new and exciting opportunities as Royal Mail progresses to a more real-time event driven organisation.
- Responsible for the architecture, design and assurance of the Event Processing ‘platform’
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate use of existing (e.g. BE, AS, BW, EMS) and new Tibco products
- Responsible for the Architecture Roadmaps for the Tibco estate and working with EA and Business stakeholders to validate them.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance of the Tibco estates compliance with the RMG IT strategy particularly around the Agile/DevOps and Microservices areas.
- Responsible for setting strategic direction of Platform technically with regards to versioning and new product adoption
- Responsible for ensuing Code quality and automation of testing where possible is adopted
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate use of tooling to develop and manage the Tibco estate
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient documentation is created to communicate to other RMG functions and ensure medium and longer term needs are catered for.
- Ability to lead from the front in architecture debates in a mixed supplier and RMG audience
- Lead and Manage the engagement of third party test resources located; on-site, near-shore or off-shore
- Clearly communicate risks and issues so appropriate stakeholders can make informed decisions
- Detailed Knowledge of BE, AS and ideally BW and EMS
- Exposure to newer Tibco products like StreamBase and LiveView
- Experience of working in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Experience of working at scale in near real-time event driven environments
- Full lifecycle architecture and design experience
- Ability to work closely and form partnerships in a multi-supplier environment
- Ability to provide high level estimates for development lifecycles and capacity needs based on high level requirements
- Ability to innovate and build solutions that appropriately engineered avoiding fragile or overly complex desings
- Responsible for assessing FMEA across the Tibco platform
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 22/02/2018
Architecture, System Administrator, Engineering, Technology