Fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? If so, this could be your lucky day! We’re looking for a Claims Team Leader to join our Third Party department.
As a Third Party Claims Team Leader, you will be required to supervise a team of Claims Negotiators and ensure all claims are resolved within a reasonable time period in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
You will also be there to support the delivery of the claims business plan through ensuring the team achieve their set targets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring delivery of the claims business plan and income targets, providing regular reports to the Claims Ops Manager on the status of KPIs and SLAs, assisting the Claims team with any queries and handle more complex claims where appropriate as well as help identify potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines.
A large part of this role is to conduct staff management duties such as conducting regular audit reviews to check the accuracy and quality of employee’s work, delivering coaching and feedback to the team to achieve KPIs and SLAs, and conducting regular performance reviews, deal with all employee issues including monitoring absence and conducting disciplinaries, assisting the recruitment process and assisting with the training of new recruits, or re-training of current employees when required.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage all departmental procedures, and drive improvements in processes, procedures and systems
- Adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA, AML and anti-bribery principles, and ensure all direct reports are compliant
- Ensure that all new claims files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy
- Develop and manage relationships with claims suppliers at an operational level
- Keep abreast of technical and legal developments within the Claims market
- Work closely with other teams and departments to ensure consistency and best practice
- Extensive motor claims experience at a senior level
- Experience of managing a team of employees
- Experience of claims reporting management of ACPC
- Solid experience of auditing claims files
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate employees in a high-pressured environment
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Solid understanding of all aspects of motor claims handling
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to claims
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations delivery
- Commercially focused
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values
- Take initiative to make decisions
- An organised and proactive approach
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Strive to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
So if you feel you have all the right skills and knowledge to be able to carry out this role, then we want to hear from you today.
- Performance Reviews
- Staff Management
- Team Leader
- Third Party Claims
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job