Technical Administrator - Third Party Claims Handler
Hours- Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Location- Haywards Heath
My client is an innovative and entrepreneurial group of companies specialising in Motor Insurance Services, who are very proud to have been feature highly in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For, for the 4 years running, achieving Investors In People 'Gold' and 'Champion' statuses.
Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a logical individual to join the Third-Party Claims Handler Team based in Haywards Heath.
The overall purpose of the role is to pro-actively handle a portfolio of third party motor claims by controlling claim cost.
- Managing claims caseload in accordance with the company's claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- General administrative duties.
- Adhering to agreed personal authority limits, referring to line manager for authorisation where activity exceeds such limits.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including "treating customers fairly" principles).
- Controlling claim cost by achieving most economical settlement, through good use of liability and quantum arguments and effective negotiation.
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Pro-actively managing personal training and development requirements.
- Undertaking general claims tasks, as required.
- Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
- Previous claims experience within motor insurance
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workloads
- Willingness to develop self and new skills
- Ability to work with flexibility in a proactive claims environment
- Good market knowledge
- Good commercial awareness