Accountable to: Nursery Manager
Aims: To assist with the management and day-to-day running of the nursery. To provide the highest standard of care and education to the children placed in our care. To lead and manage staff in your room.
- Stimulate and interact with each individual child,
- Assist with the running of the room,
- Liaise with parents with regards to children’s progress,
- Attend staff meetings and courses as required,
- Undertake supervision of work placement students and apprentices,
- Use the EYFS effectively,
- Work actively using the key person system,
- Mentor team members with training needs,
- Step into the role of Deputy Manager or Manager in their absence
When either the Manager or Deputy Manager are absent you are also expected to cover the following responsibilities:
- Assist with monitoring staff to ensure policies and procedures are being followed,
- Monitor all staff as necessary and deal with any issues,
- Be an excellent role model and demonstrate polite communication skills with both parents and staff.
- Communicate politely and effectively to all members of staff, parents and associated personnel.
- Be aware of each child’s daily dietary requirement and ensure all staff including the chef/cook are aware of those needs.
- Have overall responsibility for a specific age group in the nursery. To ensure that your team completes all relevant observations and planning each week.
- Ensure that all displays within the rooms and the hallways, staff room and office are completed. Children’s work should be displayed, interesting and labelled accordingly.
- If the manager is absent deal with any complaints effectively and with confidence.
- Check uniforms adhere to uniform policy.
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary: Up to £23,000
Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays
Refer a friend bonus
Up to 40% childcare discounts
Free uniform, free training and free DBS check
Career Opportunities: Ongoing continuous development and early years quality training and mentoring
Qualification and experience
A Level 3 qualification in Childcare such as EYE, NVQ, CACHE or recognised equivalent
Up-to-date first aid and safeguarding training
Good knowledge of child protection procedures and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Excellent references and a clear enhanced DBS (DBS is paid for by Fennies)
Passion for delivering high quality childcare and learning
Exceptional communication skills, energy and a positive 'can do’ attitude
Fennies Day Nurseries is committed to the safeguarding of children, and child protection screening will apply to this post. Some of the information that we request is for this purpose.