Therapy Coordinator / Assistant
We are currently recruiting a Therapy Coordinator at Sedgley House and Lodge.
This role will be working full time on a 2 week rota, week 1: Tuesday to Saturday (50hrs per week) and week 2: Monday to Thursday (40hrs per week).
Sedgley House is a male mental health rehabilitation service providing full multidisciplinary inputs including occupational therapy, psychology, psychiatry and vocational training. Patient-centred care plans are devised to match individual’s needs. When the time is right, service users can move to Sedgley Lodge, which gives them increased independence, and a more outward-looking community-based programme.
In this role you will:
• Work alongside the Occupational Therapist and Multidisciplinary Team to deliver planned activities for service users
• Contribute ideas, create and facilitate events and activities safely and support people to structure their time through meaningful activity
• Have involvement in the delivery of one to one and group interventions
• Implement individual care plans during activity sessions and take into account specific interests and opportunities to promote choice and independence
We are looking for people who have:
• Experience working within a care environment or equivalent
• Some experience within a mental health setting or with a similar client group is preferred
• A passion for working in this type of setting and have an understanding of mental health diagnosis is important
• A relevant healthcare qualification is desirable
In return we will offer:
• Company pension scheme
• Free meals on duty
• Regular supervision by the Occupational Therapist
• CPD and research opportunities
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.