Halliwell Homes are looking for a Children’s Residential Support Worker (Therapeutic Parent Waking Night) to join our team based in Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working on a four on four off shift rota (10pm – 8am). In return you will receive a competitive hourly rate of £9.75 per hour (dependant on experience and qualifications) plus benefits.
Halliwell Homes are a social enterprise that offers a clinically informed practice encompassing educational, clinical and residential care services. Our objective is to enhance the psychological wellbeing of children within the care system through our Restorative Parenting recovery programme.
A Therapeutic Parent Waking Night will deliver Halliwell’s Restorative Parenting recovery programme offering sensitive and caring re-parenting to children aged between 4 and 12 (at the time of placement) who have experienced trauma in their lives. Caring for children who can at times display complex and challenging behaviors.
Responsibilities of our Therapeutic Parent Waking Night include:
- The post holder will offer therapeutic parenting techniques to meet the children’s’ social, emotional, cultural and educational needs.
- The post holder will also assist in the day to day running of the home including domestic duties and paperwork / record keeping working closely with onsite deputy lead therapeutic parents, clinical and education teams to provide tailored psychological recovery programmes for each child.
- A therapeutic, safe, healthy and homely environment will need to be in place at all times to meet Ofsted’s Quality Standards.
- You will work at one of our four homes in the Greater Manchester region (Rossendale, Cheadle, Hyde).
Skills and Experience required by our Therapeutic Parent Waking Night:
- Ideally, a graduate with a relevant degree e.g. psychology and childcare and are keen to study towards a post-graduate qualification
- A willingness to undertake studying to a minimum of a level 5 qualification (Halliwell would support study up to post graduate level)
- You need to be passionate about delivering real psychological recovery for children within the looked after system
- Experience working with children, preferably in environments with challenging behaviour
- GCSE Maths and English C or above or equivalent
- Full UK driving license
- Willing to complete professional development and training programme
Benefits of becoming our Therapeutic Parent Waking Night:
- Extensive in-house training and be supported throughout to develop your career up to Level 7
- Free Staff Counselling Service
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme
- Competitive rates of pay
If you feel that you can make a difference to a child’s future by being a positive role model as our Therapeutic Parent Waking Night, then we want to hear from you!
Halliwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'