Therapeutic Child Carer
Children's Therapeutic Carer needed for Children's Therapeutic home in Hove.
Your new company
The Company has been operating for 26 years providing therapeutic residential care and specialised therapeutic education to children and young people aged 6-18 years, supported accommodation to young care leavers aged 18 years and older, and a specialised training and consultancy service. They are seeking the right candidate to take up the role and position of Registered Manager of one of their Therapeutic Children's Home. This home specifically has been operating since 2006 and cares for up to 5 children, boys and girls, aged 12-16 on admission and up to age 18.
Your new role
1. To be an active member of the team of adults within The Company
2. To provide support and assistance to the Registered Manager and their
Deputy in creating, promoting and maintaining the appropriate group living
environment for the nurturing and development of children and young people.
3. To adhere to all statutory guidelines and procedures relating to the provision
of residential care to young people.
4. To assist in the creation and implementation of agreed care plans and
treatment programmes and all associated administrative duties.
5. To assist in supporting each young person in gaining a positive experience of
education during their placements.
6. Assisting in the provision of quality "good enough" therapeutic care for each
young person living in the residential homes, and to assist in meeting their
individual day-to-day needs.
7. To act as a positive adult role model for the young people living in the
8. To provide opportunities for each young person to experience being cared for
in a real, positive and meaningful way.
What you'll need to succeed
In addition to a caring, patient and helpful nature you will you will need recent experience in a social care management/team leading role and relevant qualifications for the role e.g. NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care. You'll also be flexible with working hours and happy to work a variety of shifts.
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a competitive wage, based on your experience and the responsibilities. In addition to this you will gain the opportunity to further your experience and skill-set within the social care sector in order to develop a successful and rewarding career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"