We are currently recruiting for full-time and permanent Therapeutic Support Workers to join a Children's Residential service in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
You would be supporting and working alongside adolescents (young adults) within a residential setting and as part of the Stroud Eating Disorders Service (SEDS).
Salary: £17,000 per year.
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week - 5 x 8 hour shifts. You will need to be flexible as these roles will include some evenings and weekends. You will know your working pattern 2 months in advance.
About the Organisation:
This is a leading Education and Children's Services company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes they focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone that they support. They offer individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
This is a 6-bedded specialist residential home. Part of the Stroud Eating Disorders Service (SEDS) it is unique in the UK in providing eating disorders treatment for adolescents (alongside young adults) in a residential setting. This environment helps the organisation to work creatively alongside their service users in order to seek a life outside of the confines of their eating disorders.
Supported by a very skilled team, you would be working closely alongside their service users to achieve excellent treatment outcomes.
The Role of Therapeutic Care Worker:
- Ensuring that you understand and are able to implement all requirements of Mental Health Specialist Services' Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring clear lines of communication are utilised, promoting the welfare of the Clients, including liaising with parents/carers and other professionals/agencies ie: Social Workers, Nurses and Psychotherapists.
- Demonstrating an ability to operate as a member of a team.
- Having an open mind, in relation to service user's needs and culture and to have a knowledge and understanding of the service users' needs and rights.
- Possessing the ability to diffuse/resolve stressful situations with the use of effective communication skills.
- Undertaking training and development courses as required and to contribute to the identification of own training and development needs.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to return information and carry out instructions accurately.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to accurately record basic physical observations.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Emotional robustness.
- Willingness to participate in holidays and other activities.
- To work in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Basic understanding of using IT systems (MS Office, Web Based System) (Desirable).
- Previous experience of Therapeutic work (Desirable).
- Knowledge of eating disorders and or self-injury (Desirable).
Are you this person? If so, please send your CV in or call to discuss your options.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
- Eating Disorders
- Young People
- Support Worker