Title: Theatre Practitioner
Location: White City, London
Hours: 40 hours
Salary:Competitive plus benefits
We’ve come a long way since the first Optical Express branch opened in 1991. From just one store, we’ve grown to more almost 130 stores and clinics and have become the UK’s only complete eye care provider. From glasses and contact lenses to laser, lens and cataract surgery, we’re here to make poor vision a thing of the past for our patients.
Over £400 million has been invested in our clinics utilising the most advanced technology, so it’s no wonder that we’re the number one choice for laser eye surgery patients in the UK. Every week, our optometrists and surgeons help to transform the vision of thousands of people across the country.
Optical Express has more 5 star Trust Pilot reviews than all the other laser eye surgery providers in the UK combined. In fact, over 99% of our patients would recommend us.
We are currently looking to appoint an experienced Theatre Practitioner/ODP based at our state of the art clinic in White City, London. As the ODP you will be working within the dedicated ophthalmic surgery team to ensure the delivery of effective, efficient and safe ‘patient centred’ care. You will have a base location of White City, London, but the role is mobile and will require you to cover alternative clinics. Expenses will however be covered.The Role
The clinic activities are restricted to day case ophthalmic procedures under local anaesthetic and IV sedation. We are currently looking for ODPs with at least 2 of the 3 specialities including; Scrub, recovery and or anaesthetics.
You will be a key member of the team, assisting with the day to day operation of the anaesthetic/recovery service.
The main aspects of the role are
• Assisting in the day to day operation of the anaesthetic/recovery service
• Act as an assistant to the anaesthetist in the delivery of care; pre, peri and post-operatively
• Providing support and maintain excellent lines of communication to the team and Manager
• Ensuring all documentation relating to patient care is clear, concise and legible in accordance with NMC Standards for Records and Record Keeping and Essential Standards of Quality and Safety (CQC)
• Establishing and maintain credibility with clinicians
• Rotate within other areas of the theatre department when necessary
• To admit patient to theatre ensuring all relevant and required documentation is available. All information is passed on to the anaesthetist, surgeon and theatre staff
• To act as a key member of the crash resuscitation team within the department
• Assist in inducting new members of the theatre team
• Attend and participate in all mandatory training
• Ensure all OE policies and procedures are upheld, optimising patient care and safety
What we need from you
• DipHE ODP or Degree qualified in ODP or Health care related discipline
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to absorb and convey highly technical information
• Adaptable with a flexible approach to work
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
• Strong organisational skills
• Fluent English language skills are essential, (IELTS grade 6 or above)
• Good experience of Microsoft office and outlook
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion
What’s in it for you?
• Exposure to cutting edge technology and techniques
• Competitive salary and additional company benefits including product/treatment discounts
• The opportunity to work with talented colleagues to truly change people lives
Please apply now by uploading your CV.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'