BMI Park hospital in Nottingham is part of BMI healthcare which is Britain’s leading provider of independent healthcare; with a reputation based on years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. We provide safe care via a nationwide network of hospitals and clinics and are able to offer access to a range of surgical specialties. Our patients are at the centre of everything we do. We invest in our teams as they are crucial to the delivery of safe and effective care.
We are a private hospital in north of Nottingham, situated within the grounds of a country Park. We have 85 inpatient beds with all rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has five theatres, and an intensive care unit and a newly commissioned Cath lab. These facilities and on-site support services enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to complex surgery. This specialist expertise is supported by caring and professional medical staff, with dedicated nursing teams and Resident Medical Officers on duty 24 hours a day, supported by a great team of allied health professionals providing care within a friendly and comfortable environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner with Orthopaedic experience to join our Theatre Team on a fulltime (37.5hours) basis (part time will be considered). We are looking for a dynamic practitioner who can join our busy team and in return will offer developmental and training opportunities.
You are a registered nurse or operating department practitioner with clinical experience and a passion for delivering high quality care to your patients. You will have experience of working in Orthopaedic Theatres. You are an innovative and dynamic team player and can demonstrate high standards of care to others within the theatre team. You are able to work with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of safe care to your patients.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Orthopaedic and/or cardiac desirable scrub
- Mentorship qualification
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Caring and Professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care.
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Apply and promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.