BMI Healthcare is the UK’s largest private hospital group with a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
Are you an experienced Recovery Nurse or ODP? If so, we want to hear from you! BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor has an exciting opportunity for a Recovery Practitioner to join our team.
There has never been a better time to join us during the height of our growth and development. Here at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital we continually strive to enrich our patient journey and the services we provide. Successful candidates will receive a full BMI induction programme with mentor support. We are committed to encouraging personal and professional development, supporting our employees through the BMI Regional Trainers and Theatre Management team.
BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital is conveniently located in Windsor, Berkshire, only 8 miles from Heathrow airport and boasting a view of Windsor Castle. The hospital is on the fringe of Windsor Great Park, a picturesque location in which the large 78 bed hospital offers treatment for both medical and surgical patients. BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital also has a new state of the art Endoscopy Unit and a dedicated Day Care Unit. Combining the latest technology and equipment enables us to undertake a wide range of treatments. There are four operating theatres at the hospital; three of which feature laminar flow.
The Theatre department covers a wide range of specialities including Plastic Surgery, Major Orthopaedic surgery, Laparoscopic General and Gynaecological surgery. We are looking for an energetic, innovative and enthusiastic Registered Practitioner with a wide range of clinical skills to operationally support the Recovery Team.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Recovery to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
Successful candidates will receive a full BMI induction programme with mentor support. BMI Princess Margaret is committed to encouraging personal and professional development with the support through the BMI Regional Trainers and also the Theatre Management team.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1 (Desirable)
- ILS (Desirable)
- ALS (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.