BMI Goring Hall Hospital in West Sussex is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner or ODP to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Mentorship qualification
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Orthopaedic experience is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care. To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Apply and promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
- Achieve agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Ashley Davids on .
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'