BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Sloane Hospital in Kent has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within Anaesthetics & Recovery.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- NMC or HPC Registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (desirable)
- ILS/ALS/EPLS (desirable)
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- Providing quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- Supporting and assisting in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assembling, checking and preparing the appropriate surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wise range or operative procedures
- Ensuring the safe care of the patient during the perioperative phase of care
- Coordinating the use of supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care
- Conducting mandatory patient checks
- Assisting the anaesthetist during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required
- Administering drugs and fluids
- Communicating appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitoring, ordering, receiving and checking stock items
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.