Theatre Practitioners - Anaesthetics (Operating Department Practitioners or Registered nurses) Band 5.
We will accept applications from experienced and newly qualified practitioners as well as student ODP’s who are due to qualify this year.
An exciting an opportunity has arisen to join our theatre team here at Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust. We are a 450 bedded Trust and perform approximately 10000 operations per year across our 15 theatres.
We are a specialist centre for Burns and Plastics and we are the regional specialist for spinal, with the Duke of Cornwall Spinal Centre based within the Trust.
We are looking for motivated, dynamic and innovative practitioners who have a passion for delivering clinical excellence and an outstanding patient experience. Your role will to primarily supporting the Anaesthetist, to provide support for the scrub/recovery team.
We would welcome those practitioners who would like to dual role and we actively encourage this route.
This is a full time role, but we would like to hear from those that would be interested in part time position however we cannot guarantee fixed hours.
We can offer the following support and opportunities
- To work in areas outside of the operating department including Cardiac Cath Lab, laser, MRI, CT, and Endoscopy.
- We also form part of the crash and trauma team out of hours.
- We have a 24 hour Obstetric Theatre
- We cover many specialties including Plastics including microsurgery, Burns, Orthopaedics, ENT, Maxillo Facial, general surgery with an excellent Colorectal team, as well as providing the Cleft Palate service for the region, this covers all age groups.
You will need to be either a registered Operating Department Practitioner or NMC Registered Nurse with a post qualification anaesthetic module. Applicants who are due to complete their course this year if successful at interview will need to gain registration with the HCPC prior to commencement of employment as a band 5
You will also need
- The knowledge and skills to understand what is required to care for patients undergoing surgical interventions
- To be able to work all shift patterns including days, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holiday
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Sam Breach Clinical Lead Nurse
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'