Title: Theatre Nurse
Hours: 40 hours
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
We’ve come a long way since the first Optical Express opened in 1991. From just one store, we’ve grown to more than 100 clinics and have become the UK’s only complete eye care provider. From glasses and contact lenses to laser, lens and cataract surgery, we’re here to make poor vision a thing of the past for our patients.
Over £400 million has been invested in our clinics, our people; and in the most advanced technology in the industry - so it’s no wonder that we’re the number one choice for laser eye surgery patients in the UK. Every week, our optometrists and surgeons help to transform the vision of thousands of people across the country.
Optical Express has more 5 star Trust Pilot reviews than all the other laser eye surgery providers in the UK combined. In fact, over 99% of our patients would recommend us.
If you’re looking to work for a market leader, then this is where you come in! We have an excellent opportunity within Optical Express for a Theatre Nurse to work within our state of the art Clinic in Bluewater.Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Role & Responsibilities
The Theatre Nurse leads the surgery team in terms of providing expertise in all aspects of patient management. This is a practical ‘hands on’ role admissions nurse; scrub assistant; discharge patients with after-care advice and medications; assist within the anaesthetic room; prepare the patient for their Laser Vision Correction (LVC) or Intraocular Lens (IOL) treatment and undertake pre-screening diagnostic duties. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the surgery manager and assisting with infection control audits
- Ensuring that all patients proceeding to surgery have had the opportunity to understand the potential risks and benefits of treatment.
- Playing a leading role in ensuring all Patient Journeys are completed with the utmost care, empathy and service that excels all Patient expectations
- To work within the team to ensure that ‘file preparation’ prior to the treatment day is carried out in order to minimise potential complications, cancellations/ postponement by being able to recognise patient suitability
- Liaise with the multi-disciplinary team in order to ensure outstanding issues are addressed prior to surgery.
- Patients are discharged from surgery with the appropriate prescribed medication and advice, including emergency contact numbers and follow up care has been arranged.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Caring manner, Patient attentiveness and professionalism paramount with all of our Patient interactions
- Ability to absorb and convey highly technical information
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organisational skills attention to detail with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion
- A passion or interest for optical healthcare / refractive surgery
What’s in it for you?
- Free or discounted optical products/procedures
- Competitive/ and industry leading salaries
- Career progression / Defined and unparalleled career path and progression opportunities
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
In addition to working in Bluewater Shopping Centre you are also entitled to the below benefits:
- 10% discount on selected retailers
- Free Parking - Directly behind the Centre
Please apply now by uploading your CV.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'